[CMake] Appending to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Sep 11 15:35:37 EDT 2018

Just to be clear I _only_ need it when the generator is Visual Studio so I did the following:

if(MSVC_IDE)

  add_compile_options(/MP)

endif()

--

Mike Jackson

From: Marc CHEVRIER <marc.chevrier at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 1:28 PM
To: Michael Jackson <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net>
Cc: CMake <cmake at cmake.org>
Subject: Re: [CMake] Appending to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS

If you set directory property at the top level CMakeList.txt, before any target definition, all targets will inherit this value.

And, because property 'COMPILE_OPTIONS' supports generator expressions (see https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.12/manual/cmake-generator-expressions.7.html), you can specify:

add_compile_options("$<$<CXX_COMPILER_ID:MSVC>:/MP>")