[CMake] CMake Can't Find Boost.Filesystem in Docker Container

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Oct 28 07:58:29 EDT 2018

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 at 12:44, Osman Zakir <osmanzakir90 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The build does work locally, and I don't get that particular error either.  I'm using Windows 10 Home on my local machine (which also means I have to use Docker Toolbox with VirtualBox, since the Home edition doesn't have Hyper-V).  I can't use Windows containers in Docker images with Docker Toolbox, so I'm having to use a Linux one.  Ubuntu 18.04 in my case.

Install Ubutun 18.04 on Virtual Box and try things out there.

FindBoost.cmake may be moody - it may fail due to many many things.
Boost deployment and FindBoost differs significantly on Windows vs Linux.
Boost can be installed using various naming conventions or layouts,
eg. versioned layout.
CMake changes also affect FindBoost.cmake at times.
Just go to https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/ and search for
FindBoost to see what is happening.
You will have to dig the issue deep and the digging may be difficult
and frustrating.
That is why I would work things on Linux locally (VM) first - Docker
just adds up to the overall complexity.

I see no way to solve your problem for you.

Best regards,