[CMake] Problem with using CMake on Windows with Visual Studio 2017

Michael Ellery mellery451 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:16:58 EDT 2018

look at the error message specifically:    LDFLAGS=-static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc

Did you add something to your environment recently? Those look like gcc/clang flags - msvc is not going to like them.  Also, have you wiped your CMakeCache completely (clean configure)?  I’d have a look at your env variables to start with. Not generally needed, but you should also try building in a visual studio command prompt as it might properly set some of these ENV vars, just in case there is any confusion.

-Mike