[CMake] Problem with using CMake on Windows with Visual Studio 2017

Osman Zakir osmanzakir90 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:48:17 EDT 2018

Hi again, everyone.

I'm asking again.  If the reason I didn't get a reply last time was because I didn't ask the right way for "hackers" to give me a satisfactory answer, please let me know.  But if it was just because not enough people saw it, then that's all the more reason for me to do this (right?).

Anyway, I'm having problem using CMake to build a library on Windows.  The library is Jinja2Cpp.  I asked on their GitHub page as well and they said it might be a problem with VS or Windows itself since there's something in the output that shouldn't be there in a normal build process.  I tried asking on MSDN after that, but they just said to ask the library authors.  So I decided to ask here instead, after that.

This is the issue thread on the Jinja2Cpp GitHub page: https://github.com/flexferrum/Jinja2Cpp/issues/75 .

I'm also attaching the CMake logs to this message for you guys' reference.

I tried building it more than once.  The command I used (on the command line) was "cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../install".  I was able to build it successfully with VS2017 before.  This is only a recent problem.
[https://avatars0.githubusercontent.com/u/18173932?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/flexferrum/Jinja2Cpp/issues/75>

Can't Build Jinja2Cpp on Windows with Visual Studio 2017 Anymore · Issue #75 · flexferrum/Jinja2Cpp<https://github.com/flexferrum/Jinja2Cpp/issues/75>
Just now, just to check, I tried to build the library on Windows again by cloning fresh into Jinja2Cpp, updating the submodule, and then running cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../install and got this...
github.com