[CMake] CMake, CUDA and compilation database.

Urs nab+cmake at lampshade.ch
Fri Oct 19 11:17:47 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to get CMake to output a compilation database for my project
using gcc and CUDA (nvcc). I'd use the compile_commands.json file for
rtags navigation in emacs and clang-tidy inspection.

To do that, I just added

set(CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS 1)

to my CMakeLists.txt

But it looks like the output I get is only having the information for
the *.cpp files. It looks like the *.cu files are all compiled as
external objects taht have their own cmake code in subroutines and are
not built by the Makefile generator.

I'm not a cmake expert, is what I'm trying to do possible? Am I doing
something wrong somewhere?

Thanks,

Urs