[CMake] is symbolic link failure cmake related issue?

bsmile devout1977 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:47:26 EDT 2018

I try to compile nlopt package on a linux mint 18.2 virtualbox installed in a
Windows 7 host. nlopt makes use of cmake for its build/compilation. After
step cmake, I was told to run make, it then returns the following error
messages,

CMake Error: cmake_symlink_library: System Error: Read-only file system
CMake Error: cmake_symlink_library: System Error: Read-only file system
CMakeFiles/nlopt.dir/build.make:1264: recipe for target 'libnlopt.so.0.9.0'
failed
make[2]: *** [libnlopt.so.0.9.0] Error 1
make[2]: *** Deleting file 'libnlopt.so.0.9.0'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/nlopt.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/nlopt.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is this a cmake related issue? Since virtualbox cannot set up symbolic link
within a windows host, is there way to deal with this failure? I am totally
new to cmake (but am trying to study it now) and cannot track into it. Any
advice, especially step by step guide would be greatly appreciated!

--
Sent from: http://cmake.3232098.n2.nabble.com/