[CMake] How am I supposed to use FindBLAS and FindLAPACK together?

Alfredo Buttari alfredo.buttari at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 06:16:20 EDT 2018

Hello,
I cannot figure out how to use FindLAPACK after a succesful FindBLAS. The
problem is that I make a call to FindBLAS but then a subsequent call to
FindLAPACK ignores that a BLAS library was already found and searches for
BLAS once again; despite the fact that this second search is useless and
time consuming, the result of this second BLAS search may be different than
the first one. Is there a way to tell FindLAPACK not to search for BLAS
once again but, rather, to use the result of a previous call to FindBLAS ?

Besides, why does the FindLAPACK module use the BLA_VENDOR variable
internally and not something with a different name such as LAPACK_VENDOR,
for example?

Regards,
Alfredo