[CMake] LOCATION target property, generator expressions

Hendrik Greving hendrik.greving.smi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:14:13 EDT 2018

>> A strategy I've seen used before is to arrange for all the build outputs
(libraries, executables) to end up in a directory structure that mimics the
installed layout. This can be helpful if the applications expect to find
things at some specific location relative to themselves at run time.

We're doing this already, but this doesn't solve the problem. The project
is a collection of libraries and binaries and until now (i.e. using
LOCATION), we could compute the relative paths from binary to its libraries
in the makefiles and append to rpath in linker flags (i.e. see above)