[CMake] Dependencies to protobuf sources

Stephan Menzel stephan.menzel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 03:32:36 EDT 2018

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 10:58 AM Stephan Menzel <stephan.menzel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> protobuf_generate(TARGET my_protobuf_lib)

Well, it seems like this was the culprit all along. There is a bug in
protobuf's usage of the add_custom_command. Appears this is known and fixed
by:
https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/commit/411018e3fb6ca5d7610ee48139ecaef1033746e3

but apparently not in their latest release tag version 3.6.1. Seems like
it's been there for ages, which makes me wonder how this could have gone
unnoticed for so long.

Anyway, fixing this locally in my installed cmake scripts fixes
the problem. Above command workes nicely now. So it didn't have anything to
do with auto-uic being broken. Onto the next one!

Cheers,
Stephan