[CMake] Does CMake support the --question option for GNU Makefiles?

Alex Tzonkov alex.tzonkov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 11:51:31 EST 2018

We are using cmake for our project and recently discovered that the
generated Makefiles do not seem to work correctly with the '--question' or
'-q' option. The return code is always '1' even if there are no changes
which would require rebuilding/recompiling anything. I am not sure if this
is an issue with our CmakeLists.txt files or *.cmake files or a general
issue with cmake. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if this is an answered question, I tried really hard to search
the archives, but searching for "--question" is futile, as the searches
return pretty much every question.