[CMake] CPU specific compiler flags

Ciccio Pasticcio dodungocorporation at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 03:36:09 EST 2018

Hi all,

I'm refactoring some libraries cmake files to be compliant to the use of
targets instead of tons of variables. Since these libraries are
cross-compiled I'm facing some problem finding how to properly set some
specific flags like: -march -marm -mfloat-abi etc. For now I set the
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:

set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS -march=armv7-a -marm -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard
-mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a8 -Wno-psabi)

Is this the only way to do this? With targets I do something like this:

add_library(MyLib)
# add sources
# Comiler features
TARGET_COMPILE_FEATURES(MyLib PUBLIC cxx_lambdas)

Thanks,
Gabriele