[CMake] Visual Studio 2015 Generator crash 3.13

Niels Dekker niels_dekker_address_until_2024 at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 23 09:52:43 EST 2018

Hi Harry,

Sorry I don't know how to interpret the CDB.exe dump you gave. Maybe
someone else on the mailing list...?  So you have the crash, even with a
minimal CMakeLists.txt of three lines:

   cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.13)
   project(MyProject)
   add_executable(MyProject MySource.cpp)

And the following command:
   cmake.exe" -Ax64 -G"Visual Studio 14 2015" ../

I just built a Debug (x64) version of cmake.exe on VS2015, directly from
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake.git and tried to reproduce your
issue, but again, no crash at all.

Do you get this crash with the previous release version (CMake 3.12.4)
as well? Or are you 100% sure that it is introduced with 3.13?

--
Niels Dekker
Scientific programmer