[CMake] How to find GTK3 in CMake

David Demelier markand at malikania.fr
Wed Nov 21 03:46:35 EST 2018

Le 20/11/2018 à 17:03, Harry Mallon a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> FindGTK and FindGTK2 exist in the CMake tree. How come there isn't one for GTK3? Should the GTK2 one work, or is there another way?

GNOME people don't like CMake (they use meson). The philosophy behind
CMake is to let upstream projects provides their own CMake configuration
packages rather than providing Find modules for every single library
existing in the world.

CMake should already not provide any of these, but this general
recommendation came after.

It's the same thing for pkg-config, pkg-config by itself does not
provide any .pc file.

Also, Gtk is much more tied to Linux than being portable. I think that's
why portable software don't use Gtk that much and thus, not CMake either.

Regards,

--
David