[CMake] CMake with Matlab R2018b

Salyer, Brett Brett.Salyer at macb.com
Fri Nov 16 13:00:08 EST 2018

Good afternoon,

I've come across a very odd situation. I apologize if this question is simply due to my relatively little experience with CMake. I also apologize if this question has been asked before. I could not seem to find much on the issue. Let me give you some background on my project.

I am using Cmake version 3.5.1

I created a library in C++. I then created a Mex wrapper to utilize certain aspects of my C / C++ library for use in Matlab. I have tested this code extensively. It compiles completely fine using the Mex compiler from within Matlab itself.

I am now creating a build script using CMake. I was using R2018a when I created the build script initially. I got everything built and working perfectly with CMake. However, my coworkers could not get it to build properly for them. That is, it builds completely fine and ends the process without any errors at all. However, when the function is invoked from inside Matlab, it says that the gateway function is missing. This is, of course, not true.

The only difference between my environment and theirs is that I am using 2018a and they are using 2018b. I updated my machine to 2018b and I got the same problems that they were experiencing.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix this without using something along the lines of a custom command and target?

Regards,

Brett Salyer