[CMake] INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES/LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES

Hendrik Greving hendrik.greving.smi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:58:13 EST 2018

If CMP0022 is set to new, since project is still using
LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES I have added EXPORT_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES to
install(EXPORT) and export() calls. Looking at the generated exported cmake
files, I only see the INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES link property set. There are
downstream projects that are using the previously mentioned project
importing targets from it. These downstream projects still have CMP0022 set
to OLD. Will this work? My understanding is that these downstream projects
now don't see the linked libraries since they will ignore
INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES?

Is it possible to achieve both, and have the main project generate the
LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES
properties with CMP0022 set to NEW?