[CMake] Default library name?

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Mon Nov 5 13:20:32 EST 2018

Yes, you can do that.  I don't know if there is an easier way than the
following:

function(get_full_name target full_name)
get_target_property(name ${target} NAME)
get_target_property(suffix ${target} SUFFIX)
get_target_property(prefix ${target} PREFIX)
get_target_property(type ${target} TYPE)

if(NOT prefix)
  set(prefix ${CMAKE_${type}_PREFIX})
endif()

if(NOT suffix)
  set(suffix ${CMAKE_${type}_SUFFIX})
endif()

set(${full_name} "${prefix}${name}${suffix}" PARENT_SCOPE)
endfunction()

You will need to modify it if you want to support custom per config
names. Unless you really needs this information at configuration you
should use the $<TARGET_FILE_NAME:tgt> generator expression as it will
always be correct.