[CMake] CMake on Raspberry Pi

Shawn G shawn0245 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 20:11:13 EDT 2018

 Hi there, im having some troubles installing CMake on raspberry pi 3
running raspbian stretch.
I keep getting this error message when i run the command "sudo apt-get
install build-essential cmake pkg-config"
The error message:
" Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package CMake is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'cmake' has no installation candidate "

I've tried other installation methods like "pip install cmake" & "sudo
apt-get install -y cmake" but all to no avail. Could you guys help me out?
Is there a library i can extract from?

Thank you in advance.