[CMake] Link against exe on Windows fails - .a file not found

Michael Ho CraftedCart at outlook.com
Fri May 18 06:55:02 EDT 2018

Ah yes, I forgot Windows doesn't export symbols by default.
Unfortunately adding set_target_properties(${PROJECT_NAME} PROPERTIES WINDOWS_EXPORT_ALL_SYMBOLS 1) didn't seem to help however - I get the same file not found error.

Something interesting I noticed however is that if I copy and rename ws2editor/CMakeFiles/ws2editor.dir/objects.a to ws2editor/libws2editor.dll.a, the plugin links just fine and even works when I run the application. I suppose I could add this as some post build step, but it certainly feels like a bit of a hacky solution. This only seems to work for the Unix Makefiles generate however (Which should be fine, although I had been using ninja at the moment so certainly not ideal).

Thanks
- Mike