[CMake] compiling for both python2 and python3

Isaiah Norton isaiah.norton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:15:13 EDT 2018

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 4:36 AM Alexander Bürger <alexanderb at met.no> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find a good way to compile a python module for a c++
> library using boost-python for both python2 and python3 in the same
> compilation. So far, The only solution I found for using

The headers CMake needs to find are different depending on the selected
version, because the CPython API changed between 2 and 3. The ABI is also
not guaranteed to be stable within 3.x minor versions unless you set
Py_LIMITED_API (see e.g.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28830653/build-boost-with-multiple-python-versions
).