[CMake] FindPythonLibs on macOS

Jonas Devlieghere jdevlieghere at apple.com
Fri Jun 22 04:48:56 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with FindPythonLibs on macOS when having a version of Python installed from either via python.org <http://python.org/> or Homebrew (in addition to the system one).

The issue is that I end up with an inconsistency between the library and the interpreter, which causes issues at runtime.

-- Found PythonLibs: /usr/lib/libpython2.7.dylib (found version "2.7.10")		<- System Python
-- Found PythonInterp: /usr/local/bin/python2.7 (found version "2.7.15")        <- Homebrew Python

I was wondering if there's a particular reason that FindPythonLibs doesn't use the python-config binary to find both the python libraries and interpreter.

Cheers,
Jonas