[CMake] target_sources and multiple subdirs

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Jun 20 12:47:25 EDT 2018

I have a project where we have a bunch of plugins that are compiled. We are currently wrapping with Pybind11 to access those libraries from Python. The issue on windows is that we get a multiple DLL load error and our thought was to create 1 enormous python module library (Not sure if this is the right idea or not….)

So my question has to do with how to add files to a target that might initially get created about 3 subdirs down from the top level CMakeLists.txt file but each time cmake runs through a CMake file that would configure a plugin can we just keep adding files to the python module target through the use of target_sources() command. Not sure how that works or if that idea would work.

Thoughts or pointers would be very much welcome.

--

Michael Jackson | Owner, President

      BlueQuartz Software

[e] mike.jackson at bluequartz.net