[CMake] losing CMakeCache.txt after changing the compiler...

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:38:49 EDT 2018

Marc CHEVRIER wrote:

> If you have multiple compilers or even multiple versions of a compiler, by
> managing carefully environment variables (i.e. PATH variable for example)
> by using some bash functions, you can easily ensure to use always the
> correct compiler for each build environment.

That just shouldn't be necessary: to do this properly (in a way to helps
avoiding simple mistakes like running cmake with 1 env. setting and then make
with a different setting) requires writing something on top of cmake.

Not that I already have something like that, but did I say it shouldn't be
necessary?