[CMake] Fortran and cmake_depends

Joshua Buckner bucknerj at umich.edu
Thu Jul 19 12:12:05 EDT 2018

The command
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles”
is taking 15 to 20 minutes to complete when I organize my Fortran 90 source files into subdirectories under a root directory with a single CMakeLists.txt file.

When the same F90 files are copied into a single directory on the same file system, cmake_depends takes no more than 30 seconds.

There are about 900,000 lines of F90 code organized into 700 files in 50 subdirectories.

Is there a way to use “Unix Makefiles”, preserve the subdirectory structure and speed up cmake_depends?