[CMake] Cannot prevent import library from being created with VS generator

Jason Heeris jason.heeris at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:12:02 EDT 2018

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 at 09:57, J. Caleb Wherry <calebwherry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Side note 1: Things like this eventually lead me to have a post process
(a python script) on all my VS project files to “fix” any issues like this.

It might interest you to know that I've worked around it a bit by tweaking
the IMPORT_PREFIX property:

    set_target_properties(
        ${modname_dll}
        PROPERTIES
        OUTPUT_NAME
            ${module_name}
        # Required to work around the fact that we rename our shared
libraries
        # to have the same name as our static libraries, so when Visual
Studio's
        # linker tries to create an export library, it clashes with an input
        # library.
        IMPORT_PREFIX
            "import_"
    )