[CMake] Using CMake to compile non-standard languages

Jakob van Bethlehem jsvanbethlehem at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 05:39:14 EST 2018

Dear all,

Currently I'm trying to make a case to convert the pure makefile-based
build environment at my company into cmake. This is a rather extensive
build environment, which takes care of many things automatically through a
whole set of internally created tools. I still believe we can do better
with CMake, but I need to make a strong case.

The main problem is that we have (very old) code in an obsure languange
called 'Ratfor'. How can I tell CMake how to compile files written in that
language?

Sincerely,
Jakob van Bethlehem