[CMake] CPack per-component value for CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX when using RPM generator

Sam Lunt sam.lunt at transmarketgroup.com
Thu Jan 4 16:42:10 EST 2018

Hi Domen,

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to work for me. I modified
my example to add this function call:

list(APPEND CPACK_RPM_RELOCATION_PATHS
    ${CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX}
)

that silences the warnings, but it still prepends the
CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX when generating the RPM files, while I
want it to prepend CPACK_RPM_<COMPONENT>_PACKAGE_PREFIX.

So if I call "rpm -qlp FooBar-0.1.0-Linux-Bar_Comp.rpm", it outputs:
/tmp_dir/foobar
/tmp_dir/foobar/bin
/tmp_dir/foobar/bin/bar

(CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX = /tmp_dir/foobar)

I want it to output:

/tmp_dir/bar
/tmp_dir/bar/bin
/tmp_dir/bar/bin/bar

(CPACK_RPM_BAR_COMP_PACKAGE_PREFIX = /tmp_dir/bar)

It seems like cpack is prepending the CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX
to any relative paths before actually calling the CPackRPM.cmake
module, so by the time CPackRPM sees the paths, it is seeing
/tmp_dir/foobar/bin/bar and /tmp_dir/foobar/bin/foo, while I want it
to see /tmp_dir/bar/bin/bar and /tmp_dir/foo/bin/foo. Maybe there is
no way to achieve this currently?

Thanks,
Sam