[CMake] Carriage returns in CMake GUI + Stopping execute_process()

frodak17 frodak17 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 17:55:58 EST 2018

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 5:17 PM Person Withhats <personwithhats2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2) Pressing 'Stop' does not halt processes spun up by execute_process,
> CMake waits until they finish before exiting.....very aggrevating!

Looks like this would require a code change how the GUI works and the
internal way execute_process works.  Now execute_process knows how to
cancel a process due to time out, but it didn't seem to check for anything
else.  Essentially it looks like execute_process needs to be signaled by
the button press to cancel the process in addition to checking for
timeout.  There are other internal interrupt flags that seem to be set when
the GUI stop button is pressed.  Anyways this is what I noticed in the code
base.