[CMake] ExternalProject, Superbuild and rebuild on Windows

Romain LEGUAY romain.leguay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 06:09:43 EST 2018

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build VTK and ITK along my project.

For now, I use the trick to add an option to build VTK and ITK only once
using ExternalProject_Add for all my dependencies and also for my project.

This works great on Unix system but with a VS solution, the dependencies
are not rebuilt when I change CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE.

Is it possible to know if CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is changed? It will permit me to
switch on the option to rebuild the dependencies.

Anyone as other better ideas?

Thank you