[CMake] Using Different Computers for cmake and ctest

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Aug 6 16:00:52 EDT 2018

On 2018 M07 18, Wed 09:49:47 CEST Brian S wrote:
> I currently use cmake/ctest to build and test my software. The software is
> C++/CUDA. During the build step I don't need a GPU but in the test step I
> do. I would like to build the code with cmake on a cluster with many CPUs
> and then run the tests using ctest on a target machine with a GPU. Is this
> possible?

as far as I know this is currently not possible.
I would also like to do that, to test the same executable on a set of
different clusters (or at least with a different number of nodes. For that
there is no need to rebuild the project multiple times.

For tests, cmake generates CTestTestFile.cmake.
These are executed when running a test.
Copying the buildtree somewhere and then see what happens when you run ctest.
E.g. RPATHs probably won't be correct. The tests may also have references into
the source directory.

Having a nice way to do this properly would be nice IMO :-)

Alex