[CMake] Can find_package(...) distinguish between debug and release installs?

Bo Zhou bo.schwarzstein at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 23:02:39 EDT 2018

Hi,

Generally speaking, no, you might have to use the suffix or special name to
distinguish the different library, such as with the "_d" suffix.

The Boost module of CMake is a considerable example, since it could
generate different names for Debug and Release libraries on Windows.

At POSIX(UNIX, OSX, Linux), sometimes user mixes the library, it still
works well. On Windows, it's dangerous or even won't work with mixed
libraries which were built by different Visual Studios with different
runtime libraries.

Cheers.