[CMake] cmake --find-package deprecated?

jeandet alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org
Tue Apr 3 10:01:58 EDT 2018

Hi all,

Reading the documentation I can see:
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.11/manual/cmake.1.html?highlight=find%2
0package#find-package-tool-mode id="-x-evo-selection-start-marker">
"
Note

This mode is not well-supported due to some technical limitations. It
is kept for compatibility but should not be used in new projects.
"

Does this means that:
  1) We will always support this but it's limited.
  2) We will be supported for a long time, but you shouldn't use it.
  3) We plan to remove this soon, don't use this!

In fact this mode would really be useful outside of CMake, to use
libraries/stuff which doesn't provide pc files but only CMake packages.
Even if this has limitations, it's better than nothing.

Best regards,
Alexis.