[CMake] [cmake-developers] Debugging find_package() search behavior?

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Sun Oct 1 12:38:43 EDT 2017

No, I was already promptly corrected by Brad, too. I was not
accounting for the fact that the other find_* calls used inside of
find modules also use CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH. I was thinking of its use to
find a project's config file from the find_package config mode.

I stand corrected. Again. ;-)

However, I stand by my assertion that find modules do what they want.
It's still a bit of a wild wild west, and people make their own find
modules that live inside their own project's source trees.

Config files should be the preferred/primary mechanism for
find_package calls (going on something like 5 or 6 years now...), but
still people write new find modules.

Thanks,
David C.