[CMake] Visual Studio 2017 could not be found if installed in non-default location

HarpyWar harpywar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 09:57:19 EDT 2017

 "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.Windows81SDK" could not not be found
anywhere.

A component "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.Windows10SDK.14393" exists on
Windows 10 x64 (just found about it here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-
us/visualstudio/install/workload-component-id-vs-community)

This component also exists on a virtual machine with Windows 8.1 x86 where
cmake can not find the compiler.

vswhere -requires Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.VC.Tools.x86.x64
-requires Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.Windows10SDK.14393
Visual Studio Locator, version 1.0.58

instanceId: 874fee78
installDate: 3/28/2017
installationName: VisualStudio/15.0.0+26228.9
installationPath: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community
installationVersion: 15.0.26228.9
displayName: Visual Studio Community 2017
individual d
evelopers
enginePath: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app
\Ser
viceHub\Services\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Service
channelId: VisualStudio.15.Release
channelPath: C:\Users\Anton\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages
\_Chann
els\4CB340F5\catalog.json
channelUri: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/channel