[CMake] Desktop icon not safe (missing +x ) on cmake deb file

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra13 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 14:13:57 EDT 2017

Hi,

I had a program which I compile with cmake.  This program was on an NTFS
partition with permissions: defaults.  This meant all files were owned
by root with 777 permissions.   This worked fine but it was not secure
and created problems with the postrm/posinst scripts.

Recently I tried changing my fstab to mount the partition with user and
permissions,like:

UUID=98222A3D222A20AC  /media/gga/Datos ntfs-3g
auto,users,permissions,exec 0 0

Now, when I package my application into a deb file, it works.  I get:

-rw-r--r-- 1 gga gga 24M mar 19 14:55 mrViewer-v3.5.4-Linux-64.deb

However upon installation of the deb file under root, I get an icon in
the desktop that is not executable. The desktop file that gets created
from a desktop.in config file, which has permissions like:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 gga root 1,2K feb 21 12:14 mrViewer.desktop.in

and the resulting .desktop file has permissions like:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 gga root 1,2K mar 14 09:36 mrViewer-v3.5.4.desktop

So it should be executable and it should get installed with same
permissions.   However, this does not work.

I am at a loss on what to try.  Any help is appreciated.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño