[CMake] C# Language Detection Errors in 3.8.0-rc2

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 20:23:54 EDT 2017

I'm trying to test out the C# features added to 3.8.0.  A few things:

+ I couldn't find any documentation as to what the language name for CSHARP
was in the enable_language documentation page

+ When I tried enable_language(CSHARP), I got some errors

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:4 (enable_language):
No CMAKE_CSHARP_COMPILER could be found.

In the error log, I see:

The CSharp compiler identification could not be found in
"<snip>/build_/CMakeFiles/3.8.0-rc2/CompilerIdCSharp/CompilerIdCSharp.csproj"

When I open this project, it compiles and runs just fine.  I'm not sure why
it's giving an error.  Any thoughts?

thanks,
wes