[CMake] CPACK, generating deb packages: md5sums and wrong directory permissons

Bernhard Seckinger bernhard.seckinger at gmx.de
Wed Mar 8 04:00:19 EST 2017

Hi all,

I'm using cpack to generate a debian package. There are two things that look
like bugs in cpack to me (although it might also be, that I got something
wrong):

a) Files, that I install with install(FILES ...) get the wrong name in the
md5sum section. Names should be e.g. "usr/bin/croco", but are
"/path/to/build/directory/_CPack_Packages/Linux/DEB/croco-0.1.1-Linux/usr/bin/croco".
Not only, that the md5sums cannot be checked automatically, but also my build
path is exposed in the deb package.

b) Directory permissions of automatically created directories are set to 770
instead of 755 which is standard. This includes even directories, that are
part of the ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}. For everything else I could add an
install(DIRECTORY ... DIRECTORY_PERMISSIONS) although I think, that even this
should not be necessary.

Is it me, who's doing something wrong or should I file a bug report somewhere?

Berni

--
-- Meine Rätselwebseite: www.croco-puzzle.com