[CMake] Imported targets not available for Boost version

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:37:38 EDT 2017

I have the above error after having to upgrade CMake on my Mac. I have
read posts on SO and this list about this issue, stating that it is
caused by Boost release being newer than Cmake. However it seems that it
is also can be caused by Boost release being older than CMake since this
version of Boost worked before I upgraded Cmake.

Is any guidance about which versions of CMake work with which versions
of Boost?

CMake Warning at
/usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.8.2/share/cmake/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:765
(message):
   Imported targets not available for Boost version
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.8.2/share/cmake/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:869
(_Boost_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES)
/usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.8.2/share/cmake/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1472
(_Boost_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES)
   CMakeLists.txt:142 (find_package)

-- Boost fetaures -- not found. set BOOST_ROOT to enable.
CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:148 (message):
   Boost is required for command line applications