[CMake] Problem with fixup bundle and duplicate change commands on macOS

Schulte, Lukas lukas.schulte at mpibpc.mpg.de
Thu Jun 22 13:01:23 EDT 2017

Hey guys,

So I’m trying to use fixup_bundle for our software, and for a reason that I can’t wrap my head around executing fixup_bundle results in a call to install_name_tool where in the changes variable some commands are duplicate (in my case, double deletion of an rpath during fixing up of some Qt dependencies, namely QtWebViewEngineCore).
I didn’t find anyone with the same problem as me on the internet so I figured I would just ask you guys for advice.

I’m using CMake 3.3.2 , Qt 5.9 and OsX 10.11.6.

So my question is – what would be my best way of action here? As this is happening with automatically resolved dependencies, I don’t have much option to handle this in my own CMake files.

What I could think of if there’s not something im doing horribly wrong was implementing a duplicate removal in BundleUtitilties.cmake which I would then discuss on the Developer List I guess- does anyone happen to have any better ideas or hints what I could do to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Lukas

Lukas Schulte
PhD Student
Max-Planck-Institute for biophysical Chemistry
Department of Structural Dynamics
Am Fassberg 11
D-37077 Goettingen
+49-551-201-1410