[CMake] Missing <target>_EXPORTS definition in CUDA host compilation

Hancox, James JHancox at tmvse.com
Tue Jun 20 10:10:22 EDT 2017

Hi Brad,

I swapped out CUDA 8.0.44 for CUDA 8.0.61, and my problem magically went away. Thanks a lot for the help, I never would have made that connection!

I checked the .vcxproj file before regenerating, and the _EXPORTS define was right where it should be, so it definitely seems like a bug in the VS plugin. We previously used FindCUDA (which doesn't use the plugin) and never ran into that problem, so I hadn't even considered it as a possibility. It might be worth adding a warning/diagnostic to let people know that 8.0.44 has bugs in the VS integration? Will probably save you a lot of similar bug reports in the future.

Thanks again,
James