[CMake] Windows - cmake-gui missing GUI elements

Nerolie.Oakes at data61.csiro.au Nerolie.Oakes at data61.csiro.au
Sun Jun 11 19:23:12 EDT 2017

After using CMake 3.6.0 without problem, I upgraded to CMake 3.9.0 (RC1), but encountered issue (#16939), so I uninstalled that and installed 3.8.2. I am running Windows 7.

Now when I run cmake-gui.exe most of the GUI elements are hidden: the only elements I can see are the SourceDirectory line, the BinaryDirectory  line and the Output panel. There are no cache values or search options displayed. There is however a comprehensive menu bar available.

I have tried uninstalling 3.8.2 and installing 3.7.2 but the GUI is still corrupted. When I uninstall, the c:\Program Files\CMake directory is removed, and I cannot find any lingering registry entries. Clearly, something is cached that I don't know about, as when I start up cmake-gui after reinstalling, it already has a default SourceDirectory and BuildDirectory set from the previous installation.

I can run CMake from the command line successfully. Does anyone know how I might fix the cmake-gui interface so that I can set the cache values from there?

Nerolie Oakes

DATA61 | CSIRO
E nerolie.oakes at csiro.au<mailto:nerolie.oakes at csiro.au> T +61 2 9372 4125
CSIRO Radiophysics Laboratory
Street Address: Cnr Vimiera and Pembroke Rds, Marsfield, NSW
Postal Address: PO Box 76, Epping NSW 1710, Australia

www.data61.csiro.au<http://www.data61.csiro.au/>

CSIRO's Digital Productivity business unit and NICTA have joined forces to create digital powerhouse Data61

Available: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays