[CMake] RPATH cross-compile issue with CHECK_*_EXISTS

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 27 16:39:01 EST 2017

On 02/27/2017 03:54 PM, Ray Donnelly wrote:
> This is why my PR asks the linker that the compiler will use for the
> actual list of implicit link dirs. I'm sorry I've not had time to
> write up a clear explanation yet.

IIUC your case is the opposite of that under discussion in the rest
of this thread.  You want to include a rpath that is not currently
included.  Jörg wants to exclude a rpath that is currently being
incorrectly included.  The detection you're proposing would not
discover the lib32 entry that is causing Jörg's problem.

As I requested in your MR [1] it will be more appropriate to discuss
your rpath-inclusion use case in a separate issue.

Thanks,
-Brad

[1] https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/207#note_189880