[CMake] Intel C Generator for Cmake?

Tony Garratt tony.garratt at ansys.com
Wed Feb 15 08:06:53 EST 2017

I tried setting the FC and CC variables and yet cmake still wants to use
the Microsoft compiler (BTW what I am building is the CGNS - the CFD common
file format).

Is there something I am missing?

CGNS_Build>set CC=icc

CGNS_Build>set FC=ifort

CGNS_Build>set CC
CC=icc

CGNS_Build>set FC
FC=ifort

CGNS_Build>cmake   -D CMAKE_C_COMPILER:PATH=$CC   -D
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:STRING=$CC   -D CMAKE
_Fortran_COMPILER:PATH=$FC   -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING="Release"   -D
CGNS_BUILD_SHARED:BOOL=ON   -D CGNS_ENABLE_LEGACY=ON   -D CGNS_BUIL
DCGNSTOOLS:BOOL=OFF    ..\src
-- Building for: Visual Studio 12 2013
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 18.0.40629.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 18.0.40629.0
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
Studio 12.0/VC/bin/cl.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
Studio 12.0/VC/bin/cl.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
Studio 12.0/VC/bin/cl.exe
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
Studio 12.0/VC/bin/cl.exe -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
CMake Warning (dev) at tools/CMakeLists.txt:6 (link_directories):
  This command specifies the relative path

--
*Dr Tony Garratt*
Tel: +44 7624 309933