[CMake] "modern" CUDA handling and static libraries

Crni Gorac cgorac at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:26:35 EST 2017

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Robert Maynard
<robert.maynard at kitware.com> wrote:
>> If a .cpp file is added to library, then it won't work.
>
> If this is occurring it is a bug. Can you fill a bug report at:
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake

I just did it, it's here: https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/17586.

What I my options in the meantime?  I tried with setting all of
CUDA_SEPARABLE_COMPILATION, CUDA_RESOLVE_DEVICE_SYMBOLS and
POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE to OFF, but the behavior is the same.  Is my
only option to revert everything back to using FindCUDA.cmake?