[CMake] Integrating ROOT into Geant4 application

Dim, Odera U Odera_Dim at student.uml.edu
Thu Dec 7 09:30:10 EST 2017

Hi CMake Experts,

Please I use CMake to build my Geant4 applications with no issues. However, recently I needed to build ROOT into my Geant4 application for the purpose of extracting and processing simulation data. I have followed the many instructions which exist online both on the Genat4 and ROOT sides but none seems to produce the required results. The issue i'm having I believe is related to the linkage of both Geant4 and ROOT libraries top the generated executable during compilation. I am able to configure and generate build files with a CMakeLists with no errors. Compilation also seems to also complete with no errors but when I run the application I get an error which specifies that LLVM are exposed to Cling and so I need to hide them. In my CMakeLists (which I can provide to you) I do not explicitly link Cling to my executable all I do is link the executable to ROOT libraries (${ROOT_LIBRARIES}). Please, could you help me with this issue or do you know a way that I could link libraries and not expose LLVM to Cling? Thank you.

Dim Odera
UMass Lowell