[CMake] CMake 3.10 adding mystery source file to target?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Dec 6 12:01:02 EST 2017

I just tried to configure our project with CMake 3.10 and got some errors. The same project configures fine with CMake 3.8.x and 3.9.x as evidenced here (http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=DREAM3D).

I get an error about a Qt5 qrc generated file not being found.

-- Configuring done
CMake Error in /Users/mjackson/Workspace/DREAM3D_Plugins/AskNDEToolbox/Applications/ScanViewer/CMakeLists.txt:
  Cannot find source file:

    /Users/mjackson/Workspace/DREAM3D-Build/3.10/Plugins/AskNDEToolbox/qrc_AskNDEToolbox.cpp

  Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
  .hxx .in .txx

-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/mjackson/Workspace/DREAM3D-Build/3.10

But the issue is that if I actually print out all the source files for the " ScanViewer " taget, "qrc_AskNDEToolbox.cpp" NEVER shows up? There is another target that uses that file but NOT ScanViewer.

I am also getting some errors on the same project but on Windows (the previous was on macOS Sierra) where some of our plugins that get configured all of a sudden cannot find some of their files. I have not tried on Linux x64 yet to figure out if anything is broken on that side.

Thanks for any information anyone may have. Thoughts. Ideas. All are welcome.

--
Michael Jackson | Owner, President
      BlueQuartz Software
[e] mike.jackson at bluequartz.net