[CMake] Browse buttons in CMake-Gui give URL cannot be listed Malformed URL error (Manjaro KDE Plasma 5.7 Qt 5.7)

Amit Singh amit112amit at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 20 18:18:05 EDT 2016

Hi.When I click "Browse source" or "Browse build" location buttons in the GUI I get an error dialog saying that "URL cannot be listed file://" followed by another dialog "Malformed URL".
   - I built and reinstalled CMake from source but the problem persists.

   - I searched the web but could not find anyone reporting this issue for CMake.
   - When I launch CMake-gui from terminal, when I click the Browse buttons it prints "kf5.kio.core: Refilling KProtocolInfoFactory cache in the hope to find "file"" in the terminal. I tried looking up for this message but again I could not find anything about CMake.
Please let me know if you need some logs.
Machine: x64, Manjaro KDE Plasma 5.7, Qt 5.7 Nvidia GTX 960m, i7-6700 HQ
Regards,
Amit