[CMake] Issue with Fortran/C binding with Intel compilers

Joachim Pouderoux joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com
Thu Nov 17 08:50:29 EST 2016

Hi,

I am using something like this in my CMake script:
  enable_language(Fortran)
  include(FortranCInterface)
  FortranCInterface_VERIFY()
  FortranCInterface_HEADER(${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/FortranBinding.h
    MACRO_NAMESPACE "FC_"
    SYMBOL_NAMESPACE "FC_")

So far, with gfortran/gcc/clang, I never had any issues and the generated
FortranBinding.h is correct, defining FC_GLOBAL, FC_GLOBAL_, FC_MODULE and
FC_MODULE_ macros.
However, I am facing issues with Intel compilers (icc+ifort) (I am using
v17.0.0), VERIFY macro claims that it is OK but then, the FortranBinding.h
header is empty (only the #ifndef,#define,#endif stuff), no macro
definition.
Any idea?

Thanks!
Best,

*Joachim Pouderoux*, PhD

*Technical Expert - Scientific Computing Team*
*Kitware SAS <http://www.kitware.fr>*