[CMake] FindBoost not finding MinGW libraries

Sergei Nikulov sergey.nikulov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 02:19:14 EST 2016

15 ноя 2016 г. 7:40 PM пользователь "Robert Ramey" <ramey at rrsd.com> написал:

> On 11/14/16 5:36 AM, David Demelier wrote:
> I spent some time getting CMake to work with with boost libraries.
>
> My conclusions is that FindBoost can be relied upon only for header only
libraries.  To used build libraries, you'll have to explicitly set the
specific library variable to the path where the library is located.

> For example, in order to link with the boost.filesystem library debug
version I set

> Boost_FILESYSTEM_LIBRARY_DEBUG to

/Users/robertramey/WorkingProjects/modular-boost/stage/lib/Debug/libboost_filesystem-clang-darwin-mt-d-1_62.a

> I haven't tried with with shard libraries.
>
> Basically, FindBoost needs some improvement before it can be expected to
automagically find libraries to link to.

> Robert Ramey

Never heard about such problems before.
Always works well on Windows platform with msvc and mingw.
Setting BOOST_ROOT to folder used as prefix in 'b2 intsall' command should
suffice.