[CMake] CMake 3.7: Test #379: RunCMake.CPack_RPM fails

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:59:35 EST 2016

> Hi Domen,
> thanks for your answer.
>
> > > CMake 3.7 compiles so far, but test #379 (RunCMake.CPack_RPM) fails,
> see
> > > the error below from OBS. I had a brief look at our patches and I am
> apt
> > > to think they are unrelated.
> > > Can someone have a look and give some hint?
> >

> > I'll test it today in the afternoon but for now since sources are
> > missing from the package I'm guessing that debuginfo rpm packaging
> > rpmbuild macro on openSUSE has some differences compared to the one in
> > other distros. CPack/RPM overrides it to compensate for the fact that
> > sources can be generated during build (rpmbuild debuginfo macro only
> > supports packaging of sources located in source dir during packaging so
> > that works only for insource builds...).
>
> I don't know enough about openSuse rpmbuild macro. But I know it works
> for CMake 3.6.2 and broke for 3.7.0. Is test #379 new or was it changed?

This is a new test for new functionality - CPackRPM can now generate
debuginfo rpm and source rpm packages (and in git repository there is also
single debuginfo package for all components which missed the 3.7 release
schedule so even more tests that will fail on openSUSE :)).

Yesterday I managed to confirm that the issue is with overriding debuginfo
template macro but failed to find the reason why (openSUSE seems to
generate debuginfo packages without using that macro - it is defined in
main rpm macros file but as far as I can tell it's not used).
I'll try to find a solution for that but since other tests pass the only
drawback is that people won't be able to use this new feature so this
shouldn't be a showstopper for you packaging a new CMake release.

Regards,
Domen