[CMake] CMake 3.7: Test #379: RunCMake.CPack_RPM fails

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 03:10:45 EST 2016

> Dear CMake folks,
> I am trying to package CMake for openSuse. I was a bit surprised that
> the new dependency libuv was nowhere mentioned. Can it be disabled by a
> configure switch for older systems?

If I remember correctly libuv is only used for cmake server mode so if you
don't want libuv dependency you just loose that optional functionality but
this would probably be better to ask in a separate mail as I'm not certain
how many people will look into CPack/RPM specific mail.

> CMake 3.7 compiles so far, but test #379 (RunCMake.CPack_RPM) fails, see
> the error below from OBS. I had a brief look at our patches and I am apt
> to think they are unrelated.
> Can someone have a look and give some hint?

I'll test it today in the afternoon but for now since sources are missing
from the package I'm guessing that debuginfo rpm packaging rpmbuild macro
on openSUSE has some differences compared to the one in other distros.
CPack/RPM overrides it to compensate for the fact that sources can be
generated during build (rpmbuild debuginfo macro only supports packaging of
sources located in source dir during packaging so that works only for
insource builds...).

Regards,
Domen